Our Journey Home

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Awe vs Flaw

( Our camera is broken, so although I wanted to post a picture that would illustrate this story, I settled for a cute picture I took about two weeks ago!)
JJ loves to sit in his bouncy seat and watch himself in the mirror. At first glimpse, he is absolutely in awe of that little baby looking back at him! He talks to the baby, laughs at the baby, reaches for the baby, and studies every detail of that reflection in the mirror. It is adorable!

However, when I look in the mirror, I confess... I can't say that I am 'in awe'. In fact, if I am being honest, the first thing I see at a glance is every flaw. I see my messy curls that badly need a bottle of dye to color those pesky grays. I am very aware of the dark circles under my eyes due to this season of limited sleep. I wonder if my teeth would be brighter if I had that special whitening toothpaste I've seen on a commercial? My list continues, but I'll spare you anymore. wink!

This morning, the Lord reminded me that I have been wonderfully made. Every little thing about me was designed by my Heavenly Father. From stretch marks to birth marks, God made every last detail. I am tempted by the world to forget that the Lord has created me without flaw. I don't forget to re-apply my mascara, but at times, I forget to re-apply the Truth. So, today, I am going to smile at my reflection in the mirror and praise the Lord!





"I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well."- Psalm 139:14

No comments:

Post a Comment