Our Journey Home

Monday, September 30, 2013

my favorite birthday ever

 This year for my birthday, my wonderful husband prepared a special surprise! He secretly made reservations at a bed and breakfast in the mountains, and he asked some of our dear friends to keep our children overnight. It was so very thoughtful of him. My love language is quality time, so this sweet gift of spending time away together was absolutely perfect! We stayed in this beautiful cabin:
Oh, it was so cozy! We had a little fireplace and a loft. I loved it!
We enjoyed our time at the peaceful cabin, spending time talking by the fire, reading, and praying together. The next day, after we enjoyed a delicious breakfast, we went to Mayberry Days in Mt. Airy, North Carolina! It was only twenty minutes from our cabin. We had so much fun!
Deputy Gomer and Goober stopped for a picture with us!

 Barney, with his one little bullet. He was really funny, writing 'tickets' out to people who were jay walking!

This was one of our favorite shops- Floyd's Barber Shop! The man in the picture above is 90 years old. He cut Andy Griffith's hair through his middle school and high school years. He was precious.

David enjoyed talking with the barber and hearing his stories of his years in Mayberry.

And, they still use this cash register at the barber shop!

All the shops in the Andy Griffith show were designed to replicate the real shops in Mt. Airy (aka Mayberry).  If you've watched the Andy Griffith show, I'm sure you recognize Wally's Service station!

The Darlin' Boys truck.

We also visited the Mayberry Sheriff's office. David had to be locked up for stealing my heart, wink!

We wanted to eat lunch at Snappy Lunch, but as you can see, the line was out the door and down the street. Maybe next time!

Several of these patrol cars were lining the streets of Mayberry. It was really neat to hear the sirens!

We got to take a ride on a horse drawn carriage, too! It was such a wonderful birthday and I am so thankful for all the memories we made together! I am so very blessed to be Mrs. David McNeill!
"For now we only see a reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known."- 1 Corinthians 13:12

No comments:

Post a Comment