Our Journey Home

Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Joy begins in thanksgiving

While David and I were away together in the mountains, we enjoyed catching up on our reading. It was wonderful to sit by my handsome husband, listening to the rustle of the wind outside, feeling the warmth of the fire, and learning from our books. I even finished one of my all time favorite books, One Thousand Gifts! I loved so many of the author's insights on Truth, but one thing that really stood out to me was this:
"While I may not always feel joy, God asks me to give thanks in all things, because He knows that the feeling of joy begins in the action of thanksgiving."

I was so encouraged by this powerful statement. It is my desire to have a thankful heart, seeking the Lord and finding Him; praising Him in all things. Joy begins in thanksgiving... isn't that beautiful? God's ways are so perfect.

And, we have big news of thanksgiving! The Lord has blessed our family with another child! Baby #4 will be arriving in May. I tried to take an announcement picture yesterday, and the children were really sweet helpers. I thought these 'bloopers' were too cute to delete without sharing them!





"Give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus."- 1 Thessalonians 5:18

No comments:

Post a Comment