Our Journey Home

Friday, October 4, 2013

Friday funny: Math giggles

Emma Grace loves to learn. She is a good student, and for the most part, she has a happy heart even when we're learning something new or challenging. However, Wubs had a little frustration earlier this week during our math lesson. She was working on finding number patterns and completing the blanks, such as 65, 75, 85, 95, ____, ____, ____.  I could tell she was stumped, so I asked, "Wubs, what is the pattern?"
"I know the pattern, mama. It's plus ten more."
"That's right! So what is 95 plus ten more?"
Wubs let out a big sigh. "I don't know! I can't figure it out!"
"Well if you aren't sure, you could  try counting on your fingers."
Wubs started laughing hysterically at my suggestion. I didn't get it, but I started to giggle too, because she was so overcome with laughter. Finally, between giggles, I asked, "What is so funny?"
"You! You are so funny, mommy! I don't have 100 fingers!!"

Note to self: Next week, we'll be doing more practice with number patterns. wink.
Rainbow slushies for an afternoon treat!
"In the morning, O Lord, you hear my voice; in the morning I lay my requests before you and wait in expectation."- Psalm 5:3

No comments:

Post a Comment