Our Journey Home

Thursday, October 10, 2013

Pregnancy update: a change in perspective

A little over three years ago, we lost a baby. It was my first miscarriage, and I was heartbroken. However, the Lord gave us such a peace during that time. David and I were blessed beyond words by our friends and family who lifted us up in prayer, and ministered to us. I'll never forget the first time that the Lord allowed me to comfort a friend who had just suffered a miscarriage. God invited me to join Him where He was at work, healing this sweet woman. I had the opportunity to pray with her, cry with her, and empathize with her. I believe that God let me encourage her because I had experienced the same pain myself. I thanked God for His plan. His ways are perfect.

Then, when we got pregnant with JJ, while I was very excited, I was scared. What if we lose this baby too? I confess, I struggled to take my thoughts captive during those first few weeks of pregnancy. Had I already forgotten the Lord's faithfulness? Didn't I trust Him to always do what was best for me, for His glory? David spoke Truth and prayed with me so much during our pregnancy. And, when our big boy came into this world at a whopping 10 pounds 7 ounces, wow- we rejoiced!

Today, I am seven weeks pregnant. My perspective on pregnancy sickness has changed a lot from our first child until now! wink. I cannot complain, I feel wonderfully yucky! I praise God for the symptoms reflecting the healthy development of the little life He has placed in my womb. We are so very blessed!
Playing outside with JJ's vehicles.


 


"And the God of all grace, who called you to his eternal glory in Christ, after you have suffered a little while, will himself restore you and make you strong, firm and steadfast."- 1 Peter 5:10

No comments:

Post a Comment