Our Journey Home

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Morning Adventure

Today started out like any other day. The girls were eating their breakfast when David said, "Good-bye, girls!" Wubs gave daddy a snug and a sugar, and Bella jumped up to come outside with me. Bella and I always walk David out to his truck, to give him our kisses and stand out in the driveway waving over and over again. It's our little morning routine. I was in my bare feet and pajamas, Bella was in her pajamas, and we were waving like we weren't going to see David again for days. wink! That's when I realized Wubs had decided to join us. And she had closed the door behind her. I really hope I unlocked that door before we came outside, I thought to myself. I tried to open the door... but the knob wouldn't budge. As I was processing what we should do, since David was most likely pulling out of our subdivision by this time, Wubs said, "Mommy, my good morning pee pee's are coming out- NOW!" Poor Wubs, she was mortified at her wet legs and the puddle forming beneath her on our front porch. Think Sarah, think. Surely we have a spare key! Isn't there one under our house in the crawl space? While Wubs waited on our porch in her puddle, I carried Bella through the wet grass and got under our house to search for a possible spare key. Yuck- spider webs! No key. I walked back to the front of the house to check on Wubs. She was watching our tv through the window and waiting patiently. I decided to walk (in my pajamas-except now I've added David's lawn mowing tennis shoes to my outfit) to my next door neighbor's house to ask to use her phone. I called David and I left a message. My neighbor, Anne, was so sweet! She came outside with her two youngest children and everyone played. Wubs joined in the fun too, although a little self-conscious of her wet jammies. David called back and informed me that we do have a spare key, but it's inside his truck. Uh, oh! Daddy drove back home and saved the day!

After a nice warm bath for the girls and a second attempt at breakfast, Wubs said, "Mommy, you know what I was doing when you went to call Daddy? I was talking to Jesus." Oh, how that blessed my heart! Even standing locked outside of our house, in a pee pee puddle, Wubs was still looking to the Lord for encouragement. As much as I feel like I spend so much time each day teaching and training our children, they certainly teach me so much too!

Jesus looked at them and said, 'With man this is impossible, but not with God; all things are possible with God.'- Mark 10:27


  1. Hey Sarah!
    This post literally made me laugh out loud! :) You (and your girls) have such sweet hearts...it melts mine! Thanks for sharing (all of the intimate details) your morning adventure with us!

    love, peace, and happiness,

  2. I was just thinking to myself the toher day how I miss your blogs, and look, you gift us with several real close together. :) Love hearing about your family adventures, hope to see you soon!

  3. What a great story. I enjoyed that! The same thing happened to us soon after we moved here. titus was on 1.5 yrs. we kept telling him what to do to unlock the door - to no avail! i eventually called shawn and he came to our rescue. good ole dads! but funny thing, i was in my pjs too. what in the world! why not dressed and shower...hmmmm. humility i suppose. lol!