Our Journey Home

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Seventy-three cents

This weekend we went out for a special frozen treat with daddy! The fall weather is so beautiful!

Bella, Wubs, and a new friend playing follow the leader.
Bella in her favorite shades!
Seventy-three cents isn't very much. I could probably dig out seventy-three cents from the seats of our family car or from the bottom of the diaper bag. But it was seventy-three cents that amazed me the other day! Here is what happened...

A few weeks ago, I found out that one of the benefits I receive from my part time job at our church is a medical reimbursement plan. I haven't been to the doctor in a couple years, so I haven't needed to turn in any receipts. Apparently, this unused money rolled over from the last two years. I had no idea how much money was in the account, or if I would ever really use it. My friend, Cindy, told me that I could always turn in receipts from our family medical expenses- not just my own personal medical receipts. (David is really good at managing our monthly budget, paying our bills, and saving our receipts. I knew we'd have some receipts to turn in for sure!)

David and I have been praying for a long time about our finances. We have seen God's hand over and over again as He has provided for our needs. Our goal is to become debt free! When I told David about the reimbursement plan at the church, he asked, "Will it help us make the payments for Bella's tubes?" Bella got ear tubes back in April, and her surgery did qualify for the reimbursement. The reimbursement check was mailed to our house last week, in the amount of $1, 140. David called Wake Med (the hospital where Bella's procedure took place) and our remaining balance was $1,140. 73. The difference was only seventy-three cents! All we could say was, "Thank you, Lord!" As always, His faithfulness and provision is amazing!

"Great are the works of the Lord; they are pondered by all who delight in them."- Psalm 111:2


1 comment:

  1. That is too awesome! But hey don't forget to go to the dr every now and then, just for a checkup. ;) We can't have a sick Sarah!

    ReplyDelete