Our Journey Home

Friday, December 11, 2009

"Mama, are you Santa?"



Yesterday, while we were driving in the car, the song Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer came on the radio. Wubs and Bella did their best to sing along, and it was so fun to hear their sweet little voices. We were driving to pick up some poinsettias that David had ordered for the YMCA, and I wasn't exactly sure if I was on the correct street. At the redlight, I picked up the email David had printed out for me with the directions, and I was trying to read it when Wubs asked me a question. "I'm sorry Wubs, what did you say?" She repeated her question, "Mama, are you Santa?" *gulp...* My mind was swirling, my heart was racing- what should I say??? I decided to just answer her exact question, and say no more. " Well, I'm your mommy." I looked at Wubs in the rearview mirror. "Nooo! I'm being Rudolph, Mama! Are you Santa?"

"The Lord is gracious and compassionate, slow to anger and rich in love."- Psalm 145:8

No comments:

Post a Comment