Our Journey Home

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Two very small coins

Do you ever read a passage of scripture and feel like God wrote it just for you? wink. I read the story of the widow's offering and God helped me to understand how He measures our efforts. The Lord isn't interested in how much we give, but instead, He is pleased by sincerity and a selfless heart for giving. I can almost imagine Jesus watching this little woman walking alone to the temple. And maybe the rich people walked right past the widow, unaware that one day this woman would be documented by God in His book of Truth! I am so very thankful for God's word. I am praying I will be more like this precious woman, who gave all she had to the Lord.

"As he looked up, Jesus saw the rich putting their gifts into the temple treasury. He also saw a poor widow put in two very small copper coins. "I tell you the truth," he said, "this poor widow has put in more than all the others. All these people gave their gifts out of their wealth; but she out of her poverty put in all she had to live on." - Luke 21:1-4

No comments:

Post a Comment