Our Journey Home

Friday, December 3, 2010

"The Santa Talk" update #2

This morning, we were invited to attend a cookie decorating playdate with some sweet friends. Emma Grace and Bella had a wonderful time, and I enjoyed visiting with the other mothers. On the way home, the girls were both pretty quiet in the backseat. They were tired, after all that running, playing, and cookie eating! Then Wubs spoke up.
"Mommy, I think I know what the real spir
it of Christmas means."
"
Really? What do you think it means?"

"It means that Christmas isn't about Santa, or Rudolph and reindeer, or playing in the snow. The Christmas spirit is about baby Jesus' birthday and God loves us."
"
Oh, Wubs... you are right, baby." ( sniff! I felt as
if my heart was going to burst!)

"Mama, are you ka-why-an?" -Bella was wondering what Wubs had said that made me 'cry'.
"Mommy has some tears but I'm not sad. I'm just so hap
py that Wubs understands Christmas. That blesses mommy's heart!"

"Mommy, do all people know about the Christmas spirit?"
"
Well, no... not everyone understands about Chris
tmas because some people don't know about Jesus. And, some people do know about Jesus but they just forget that it's His birthday."

"Oh, that is sad, Mama. I won't ever forget about Je
sus' birthday!"
"Yeah- me ee-ver. I'm gonna remember Jesus
burday every day!"

Here are a few pictures taken this morning! Have a wonderful weekend!

"The shepherds returned, glorifying and praising God for all the things they had heard and seen, which were just as they had been told."- Luke 2:20




4 comments:

  1. I know you were hesitant but I just LOVE your haircut! And your sweet girls. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely! You're looking for a Baby Trend Sit n Stand. LX is the cheapest single - http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3792552. When I was pregnant, they were selling them in store at both Target & Babies r Us but you can get them online just about anywhere. The doubles are a little harder to find, and a little more expensive. If you get a double I think you should get this beeeeeeautiful purple one ;) http://www.target.com/Baby-Trend-Sit-Stand-Double/dp/B003JTF2U2/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&searchView=grid5&keywords=sit%20n%20stand&fromGsearch=true&sr=1-5&qid=1291578766&rh=&searchRank=target104545&id=Baby%20Trend%20Sit%20Stand%20Double&node=1038576|1287991011&searchSize=30&searchPage=1&searchNodeID=1038576|1287991011&searchBinNameList=subjectbin%2Cprice%2Ctarget_com_primary_color-bin%2Ctarget_com_size-bin%2Ctarget_com_brand-bin&frombrowse=0.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sadly no. :( My car and my mental health have had enough, 3 trips in 4 months all by myself! Going to take a break and come back in the spring.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sarah,
    Love your new haircut! You are ever-so-cute. I always love reading your blog and feeling encouraged by your Godly parenting. Thanks for giving me encouragement to do the same.

    Leslie

    ReplyDelete