Our Journey Home

Friday, March 13, 2009

Lunch Date with Daddy


This morning daddy invited his girls for a lunch date. What a special treat! As I was dressing the girls, I was talking about our plans for the day. Wubs was a little confused about the idea of a lunch date, because usually a 'date' means we are going to have a babysitter. "Mommy, who is going to come watch me until you come back?" "This is a special date, Wubs! Daddy is taking mommy, Wubs, and Bella for a date." Her little face lit up. "Oh, wow! That's a great day!"

"I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do everything through him who gives me strength. "- Phillipians 4:12-13

1 comment:

  1. What a sweet daddy your girls have. I know there is a little part of shawn that is sad he will never take a little girl on a date.
    What great memories for your girls and a terrific example of a Godly man as well. They are blessed!

    ReplyDelete