Our Journey Home

Friday, April 16, 2010

Wubs and marriage

Last week, I pulled out our wedding album to show Wubs and Bella. They thought it was fascinating! They loved the pictures of Papa and Nana, Grandpa and Grandma, daddy and his groomsmen, and mommy dressed like a 'princess'. It was a lot of fun to sit and look through all those pictures with my two favorite girls! Daddy invited us to go out for ice-cream, and while we were riding in the car, Wubs asked:
"Mommy, how will I get married?"
"Well, there will be a boy who loves Jesus a lot. And he'll love you, too! Then he'll say, 'Wubs, will you marry me?". And you will pray about it, and then you'll say 'yes' or 'no'. "
"
Yes- OR No?! I'll say Yes, of course!"
Wubs and her pet caterpillar, Lucky. Bella was curious about Lucky...
Eeeeew!


"Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!"- 2 Corinthians 5:17

2 comments:

  1. So sweet!!! Maybe Andrew ... OK I won't go there yet!! But I do have a friend who met her husband when she was 4 and he was 6 or so. Their families moved away from each other but somehow God brought the couple together!!! Now they're missionaries!! Anything is possible with God!!!! Love the pics esp the last one of Bella!! Her expression is perfect :) Oh and we'll be praying that Wubs's eagerness to say Yes will only be for that "right" guy!! heheheheeeee

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great story!!! I like how he will say, "Wubs, will you marry me?" :) You will definitely have to share this one day...maybe 20-30 years down the road...when he asks David for her hand...! ;p

    ReplyDelete