Our Journey Home

Friday, November 16, 2012

Friday Funny: again?

 Earlier this week, I took the children to a local park to play and enjoy the beautiful fall weather. Wubs really wanted to let JJ ride on her lap down the swirly slide. JJ was content on the little tunnel slide and I wasn't so sure about allowing him to take a turn on the bigger slides. However, Wubs said, "Mommy, you can trust me! I will protect JJ on the slide, I promise." and I melted. She loves her brother so much, and since I was going to stand at the side of the slide, I figured it would be okay. Emma Grace guided her little brother up the stairs of the tall slide and they both giggled with anticipation. However, JJ must not have understood the concept of sitting on Wubs' lap because I heard lots of  pleading from Wubs at the top of the slide, then an angry 18 month old's squeal. The next thing I knew I was catching JJ after a few sommersaults, a spin, and a head first descend down the spiraling slide! My heart was about to beat out of my chest and Wubs was in tears watching from the top of the slide. "Mommy! I am so sorry! He wouldn't sit on my lap! I'm so sorry!" I smiled and nodded to Wubs so I could assure her that she wasn't in trouble, but honestly, I was speechless- I was so scared! wink. JJ pulled away from my embrace and took out his paci. His eyes twinkled and he exclaimed, "Again?" I had to laugh!! *sigh* Being a mommy to a little boy certainly is exciting! (And he isn't even 18 months old yet... wink.)
 
 
 
Pictured below- Three sweet little children, fresh out of the bathtub, dressed in soft jammies, having a fun dinner picnic in our living room. We are so blessed!
 

"To you, O Lord, I lift up my soul; in you I trust, O my God."- Psalm 25:1-2

1 comment:

  1. Yes having a boy is super exciting! I just laughed at this story because its so relatable and true!

    ReplyDelete