Our Journey Home

Monday, August 15, 2011

Perspective

Before I get started- I am sorry I haven't been blogging much these days! I have lots I would love to share but the days have been flying by. Things are busy at church right now as we are recruiting volunteers for children's ministry and preparing for the new discipleship year, which is just around the corner. Plus, we started our homeschool year today! Bella is joining in on the fun with some pre-k lessons, and Emma Grace is in first grade. But now, I'm going to get down to the real reason for this post! wink! I have been wanting to write about something we heard on the radio last weekend. It was a pastor sharing a message about perspective. We missed the beginning of the sermon, so when we tuned in, the pastor was saying, "C plus P equals E." Huh? Let me explain...
C + P = E. The C in the equation stands for circumstance. The P stands for perspective, and the E stands for experience. Our circumctances, plus our perspective, will determine (or equal) our experience. Wow. Even if our circumstances are filled with challenges, trials, or temptations, as long as we have a Christ-like perspective (resting in the assurance that God is sovereign, loving, and in complete control) our experiences can be filled with joy and peace. I tell you what, I felt like that pastor was preaching over the radio waves just for me! I need that message daily. I have to admit, my perspective can be swayed all too easily by my circumstances. When I've had a 'good' day- our children are making wise choices, I've enjoyed a great conversation with my husband, the laundry pile has disappeared, I've gotten plenty of rest, etc- my perspective is wonderful! wink. But when I'm functioning on little sleep, my to-do list didn't get finished (again),and I realize I haven't had a shower in almost three days... I confess that my perspective isn't what it ought to be. Then the Holy Spirit gently whispers to me, and I remember: This is not where my eyes should be focused. I shouldn't have such a horizontal perspective, looking only at what is in front of me- the here and now. Instead, I need to have a vertical perspection, gazing up at my Heavenly Father who loves me more than I can even imagine and He has planned each and every day of my life!
I'm going to try hard to snap a few homeschool pictures this week to share. For now, here are pictures I took before we tucked the children into bed the other night. Oh, I love my precious family with all my heart!


"Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in you. Show me the way I should go, for to you I lift up my soul."- Psalm 143:8

No comments:

Post a Comment