Our Journey Home

Monday, November 14, 2011

Blushing at Sam's Club



Today I loaded up our three children and we headed off to run a few errands for my part-time job at our church. As we were shopping, I occasionally stopped and chatted with strangers who were smiling at JJ and the girls. We made our way through the store and as we were waiting in line to make our purchase, a shopper in front of us turned around and smiled. "Cute kids." I thanked him for his kind comment, and then it was his turn at the register. Bella looked at me and said, "Mama! That man lost some of his teeth!" I gently shook my head and tried to give Bella the look in hopes that she would quietly stop talking about the man that was standing only two feet away from our cart. "I saw inside that man's mouth Mama- that man with the red shirt that said we were cute! He lost some of his teeth, just like Wubs!" Apparently, I need to work on my skills administering the look to my children. wink! Luckily, the man never glanced back at us. My blushing face was bright red, that is for sure!

"Love must be sincere. Hate what is evil and cling to what is good."-Romans 12:9

No comments:

Post a Comment