Our Journey Home

Thursday, November 10, 2011

Mommy Handbook, Lesson #428

JJ has been sick, bless his heart. Now he is on an antibiotic for an ear infection, but prior to our doctor appointment, I wanted to give him some Tylenol. It was about 1:30 am on Monday morning, and our little boy was miserable. That's when I realized that I had a problem.

We had a brand new, unopened box of infant pain reliever. This Tylenol has been sitting in our basket of various baby necessities for several months now. I opened the box and removed the plastic seal from the medicine bottle. Then I turned the bottle over to read the dosage directions.

"Weight- under 24 pounds, Age- under 2 years, Dose- ask a doctor".

I looked at the front of the bottle. Yep, infants pain reliever. (Scratching my head) Huh? So I learned lesson #428 in the mommy handbook: Never throw away that half sheet of paper from the pediatrician with the dosage amounts listed on it. It is priceless... at 1:30am. wink.

"And God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work."-2 Corinthians 9:8

No comments:

Post a Comment