Our Journey Home

Monday, June 11, 2012

The ballet recital

Last week, Bella went to ballet camp. She  absolutely loved it! I was a little concerned because Bella can be shy when she is in a new environment but wow! Bella surprised us all! She wasn't shy one little bit and she really had a wonderful experience. On Friday, the last day of camp, Bella got to participate in the camp recital. We were so proud of our sweet ballerina!
JJ, Wubs, and Bella before we left for the big recital!

The ballerina.

Bella asked, "Mommy will you take my picture with just JJ? I never want to forget him." ha ha! Although I'm confident Bella won't ever forget her brother, I happily snapped her picture with our favorite little guy.

Bella Ballerina and mommy.

The ballerinas as they entered the room.

A few quick pictures before everyone took their seats.


Waiting their turn to perform.

Melt.my.heart.


The girls performed their dance to the song, "Thy Word", which is Psalm 119:105 set to music. Just click here to listen to it.  Beautiful!


I cried, it was the sweetest thing!
Bella wanted to bring treats for all her ballerina friends. We made cookies to pass out after the recital. I tried a new icing technique for these cookies called 'flooding', using homemade royal frosting. The little girls enjoyed them!


After the recital, Bella got to pick our lunch restaurant. She picked her absolute favorite, McDonalds! What a special day!
"Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light for my path."- Psalm 119:105

3 comments:

  1. I Love the beautiful Pictures of Ballerina Bella!-Abby :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ellie and Mrs. Jamie are Bella's #1 fans (outside of mommy and daddy of course!!!)

    Bella you are so so beautiful! We love you very much!

    Love,
    Jamie and Ellie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your cookies are adorable!!! What a wonderful day! Go Bella!

    ReplyDelete