Our Journey Home

Thursday, June 7, 2012

Sin Traps

I love to blog, as a record of our journey with the Lord. It is so fun to write about His blessings, His faithfulness, and all the sweet memories He is giving our family! Sometimes I write several little stories all at once, and then I schedule them to pop up on our blog, to provide a new post each day. (I do that mostly for my mom... she always calls me if there isn't a fresh picture of her grandbabies!) But sometimes, I just can't shake an idea inside my head about a post. I know that is a prompt from the Holy Spirit, and sitting down to write it out will be the only way I can clear my thoughts. wink! So today, I needed to write about my sin. I know- yuck. But I pray that the Lord will use this post somehow for His glory.

Recently, God has been refining me in the area of recognizing 'sin traps.' I have found myself acutely aware of the temptations that I struggle to resist- a.k.a sin traps. I know  the Holy Spirit has been guiding me as I navigate around them and even through them. In different seasons of my life, my sin traps have varied, but I have a few that continue to snare me. ( For example, filling our calendar too full of commitments is one sin trap where I continue to fail. Too much busy, busy has proven time and time again to be unhealthy for our family.)  I have been praying that the Lord will continue to teach me to recognize these traps and turn from them. These temptations are indeed 'traps' because so often I don't see them until I've already fallen prey to temptation. Too often, I try to navigate this life, filled with unexpected twists and turns, without following Christ as closely as I possibly can. I fail over and over again when I rely on Sarah rather than clinging to the Lord. I am so thankful for my Savior; my words are inadequate to express the depth of my gratitude.
ps- And for Nana, a picture, with love.

"This is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance (and for this we labor and strive) that we have put our hope in the living God, who is the Savior of all men, and especially of those who believe."- 1 Timothy 4:9-10

1 comment:

  1. Girl, I have that tendency too! Thanks for your openness and honesty!

    ReplyDelete