Our Journey Home

Friday, December 14, 2012

Joyful news!

I am SO so very excited to share that Wubs is my new sister in Christ!! Emma Grace asked Jesus into her heart last week, and we couldn't be more overjoyed! We have been praising God for Emma Grace's salvation and her new life in Christ!
While we do study the Bible in our homeschool curriculum, and Emma Grace has a quiet time as part of our daily routine, the Lord really burdened my heart with a desire to set aside a time each week to have a Mommy and Me Bible study. When I asked Wubs if she would like that idea, she was thrilled! We decided that Tuesday nights would work for our Bible study and it started this week!
We put all three children to bed and then I got everything ready for our Bible study. I set the table with a few things we would need...
 
I made a little journal for our Bible study time, so we could record what we learn together. I also wanted to make our time extra special so I decided we needed to drink out of goblets! wink.
 After Emma Grace had rested in her bed for about 15 minutes (just long enough to unwind from the day) I cracked her bedroom door and smiled at her. She jumped up and ran out of her bedroom to give me a big hug! She knew it was time for our very first Mommy and Me Bible study!

We started our time together with prayer. I prayed and then we took some time talking about how we would be using our new journal. We decided we would date our journal entry and then we would take turns, each writing one or two sentences. We left space a the bottom of the page so that Emma Grace could draw a picture about what we learned in our Bible lesson.
Next, I talked to Wubs about my Bible. Although she has seen my Bible hundreds of times, I really showed it to her. I showed her all my little notes I've written on the edge of the pages, and the many many places where I've underlined verses. I even showed her little marks where both Wubs and Bella have scribbled in my Bible over the years! wink. We talked about God's Word, and how we can read the same scripture many times and yet learn something new every time. We started our Bible study at the Christmas story in Luke 2. We read about Joseph and Mary's travels to Bethlehem and about the birth of Jesus. We read about the angels that appeared to the shepherds. We had a wonderful discussion about these verses and God really blessed our time together! Here is Wubs with our completed journal entry...

Wubs prayed to close our Bible study time and we sipped our water and chatted for a few more minutes. Wubs really, really liked the opportunity to stay up later than her sister and brother, and it was so precious to have that time to pour into our oldest child! Wubs told me that she can't wait until next Tuesday night, and you know what? I can't wait, either! wink.

"This will be a sign to you: You will find a baby wrapped in cloths and lying in a manger."- Luke 2:12

No comments:

Post a Comment