Our Journey Home

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

A heart to serve

It is such a precious treat when we see the Lord's word making a difference inside the hearts of our children. Even though Bella is only three years old, she understands that Jesus tells us to put others before ourselves. We have been practicing serving eachother, sharing toys and treats, and waiting until others are finished speaking before we talk. Bella really blessed my heart last night, during our very first sleepover. Emma Grace invited one friend (a sweet seven year old little girl) to spend the night at our house. I was in the kitchen preparing their snack for movie time, and Bella came to help me. She reached up and pulled a filled plate down from the counter and said, "I'll serve Skylar!". A second later, she reappeared in the kitchen to reach for a second filled plate. "I'll serve Wubs!". Oh, how I love that sweet girl! It is so exciting to watch God's work!

-ps- On a side note, I am writing this post at 5:30am because I've been awake for over an hour. I couldn't sleep because Baby J.J. is currently having a party inside my belly! I don't remember either of our girls kicking, turning, and moving quite this much. It's actually pretty entertaining to watch my stomach move. wink!





"For I know the plans I have for you, " declares the Lord. "Plans to prosper you, and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."- Jeremiah 29:11



2 comments:

  1. Go Bella, go Bella - woohoo!

    It's so awesome that she has learned this so early!

    I think baby JJ might me an olympic athlete ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. From what I know of you I bet your girls get that serving heart from their Mama! :)
    p.s.- Where is a belly shot of you? I bet you are adorable. Hope you get that snazzy cardigan for Valentine's Day! If you do take a pic. ;)

    ReplyDelete