Our Journey Home

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

'Thank You' song

This morning Emma Grace and Bella helped me bake some chocolate chip cookies. Yum! While the cookies were baking, the girls stayed busy at the kitchen table, with their crayon boxes and some scratch paper. As I was cleaning up the ingredients we had used and wiping down the counter, I was humming my favorite song that we sing at church, the 'Thank You' song. (I'm not sure if this is the real name of it or not?) Emma Grace popped her head up from her artwork and said, "Mommy! I know that song!"
"Really? What song do you think it is?"
"You know, that song we sing at big church."
"Wow! I can't believe you recognized it from my humming! Do you know the words?"
"Yeah! It goes like this: Your blood has washed away my sins, Jesus thank you!"

It just amazes me sometimes what Emma Grace 'takes in' from our every day experiences. I would have never guessed she knew the words to this song, because during 'big church', Emma Grace stays occupied with a coloring page or a sticker book. It blessed my heart so much that she not only recognized this song, but we had the opportunity to talk about the words, too! David and I continue to pray and pray for the salvation of our children and I love watching what the Lord is doing in their little hearts!

"Jesus said to the woman, "Your faith has saved you; go in peace."- Luke 7:50




No comments:

Post a Comment