Our Journey Home

Monday, December 5, 2011

Confession

Our girls love fruit roll ups. They are a special treat at our house! Last week, I was changing JJ's diaper when Wubs asked me if she could eat a fruit roll up. I told her yes, but she would need to get it all by herself because mommy needed to wash her hands. Wubs skipped out of the room and I didn't think twice about it.
Except....
When David walked into the living room, he said, "Emma Grace, I just told you that you couldn't have another fruit roll up. Why are you eating one?"
Wubs innocently replied, "Oh, daddy, I am sorry. I forgot and mommy said I could get one."
David and I exchanged a look and Wubs quickly picked up on it. "Mommy, I am so sorry! I really forgot."
"I forgive you, baby. But if Daddy ever tells you no, mommy agrees with him, okay? I trust you though, and if you forgot, I believe you."
And that was that. End of conversation... or so I thought. Three days later, Wubs came to talk to me in the kitchen, her chin tucked down on her chest.
"Mommy, I need to tell you something. Remember that time a long long time ago when I asked you for a fruit roll up even though Daddy told me I couldn't have another one? Well... I didn't forget. I knew that I wasn't supposed to have another one but I did a trick. Do you still forgive me?" Her little eyes were filled with tears. My eyes filled up too.
"Oh Wubs! I am SO proud of you! You told mommy the truth! Doesn't that feel so good to ask for forgiveness? Of course, honey. I forgive you and I am praising God! I am praising God that you know that you sinned, and you needed to ask for forgiveness." I covered her face with kisses. We are praying for Wub's salvation and we are excited at the work that Jesus is doing in her heart! God can use ALL things for good, even a lie about a fruit roll up. We are praying that Wubs will continue to recognize her sin and her desperate need for a Savior!
"Therefore no one will be declared righteaous in his sight by observing the law; rather, through the law we become conscious of sin."- Romans 3:20

No comments:

Post a Comment