Our Journey Home

Friday, February 24, 2012

Easter is just around the corner!

Every year at Easter, our church hosts an egg hunt for our community. The Easter egg hunt is one of my favorite annual events because it is such a joy to see so many families come to hear the good news of the gospel, sing, and hunt for candy-filled eggs! We try to recycle the plastic eggs, however, this isn't quite as easy as it sounds. The eggs need to be matched back up with the correct halves and let me just say, there are literally thousands of pieces. (Last year, the egg hunt included eight thousand eggs, spread out among the various age groups!) Everyone on our children's ministry team took home several large bags of eggs; we are all working over the next few weeks to put the eggs back together so they'll be ready to be filled. Our family been chipping away at our project... it's the ultimate sorting and matching activity! The girls LOVE helping and it's fun to watch a movie and put eggs back together! It was bright and early we had already finished one hundred eggs. The picture below makes me laugh. Bella was digging deep for an egg!During a playdate earlier this week, Bella and her friend Gracie asked me if they could 'play the egg matching game'. I eagerly agreed to this SUPER idea and offered them a giant pile to complete! wink! I hope you have an eggceptional weekend!
"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest."- Matthew 11:28

2 comments:

  1. We are hope, hope, hoping to be home Easter weekend! Is it the Saturday before Easter?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the Easter egg hunt will be at 10:30am on Saturday, April 7. I hope you can make it sweet friend!

      Delete