Our Journey Home

Friday, April 27, 2012

Friday funny: Carpool?

Earlier this week, I had the opportunity to participate in carpool for the very first time! Since we homeschool, this is not part of our everyday routine. I have never had the experience of sitting in a line of cars outside of a school, watching teachers usher students, waiting for little feet to run up to our car and hop inside. So I have to admit, I was excited! My sweet friend, Shonna, needed someone to pick up her son on an early release day and we were picked for the job! Hooray!
When I told the girls that we were going to go pick up Jimmy, they were thrilled. I said, "We are going to pick up Jimmy from his school today! But we need to watch the clock so we aren't late for carpool."
"What's carpool?" -Wubs and Bella both asked.
"Well, that's just what people call it when you drive your car and wait in a line nicely to pick up your child."
"Oh, I've never done that before!"- said Wubs.
"You know what? I have never done that before either!" I replied.
" Well, did you do carpool when you were a little girl?"- Bella asked.
"No... I just walked home from school by myself every day, just like all my friends. Actually,  now that I think about it, I don't think 'carpool' was even invented yet when I was a little girl."
"Whhoooaaa. Bella, it wasn't even INVENTED yet!"- Wubs exclaimed.

Have a wonderful weekend!
"God is not unjust; he will not forget your work and the love you have shown him as you have helped his people and continue to help them."- Hebrews 6:10

No comments:

Post a Comment