Our Journey Home

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Slow to speak



It was so sweet to see all our children climb up on David's lap the other evening. He wrapped his arms around all of them and listened as the girls told him stories from the day. It was precious and I had to catch this moment with our camera! Nothing beats the embrace of a daddy! wink.
I once heard a radio d.j. say that she prays for God to keep His arm wrapped around her shoulder and keep His hand covering her mouth. I laughed when I heard her say that, because it is so true. I know that there have been many, many times when God has covered my mouth! And while the radio d.j. was teasing, there was a lot of truth in what she was saying.Scripture reminds us to "be slow to speak" and "when words are many, sin is not absent".  The closer I am to God, the easier it is to choose my words carefully and only speak Truth. I guess it's because Jesus really is covering my mouth!
"When words are many, sin is not absent, but he who holds his tongue is wise."- Proverbs 10:19
"Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak, and slow to become angry,"- James 1:19

No comments:

Post a Comment