Our Journey Home

Thursday, March 14, 2013

chewing...

My mentor has always encouraged me to really 'chew' on scripture ('chewing' so that I do not to read God's Word without slowing down and digesting the Truth, wink). There is one passage that I've been 'chewing' on, with thanksgiving, for days now:
 
"Brothers, think of what you were when you were called. Not many of you were wise by human standards; not many were influential; not many were of noble birth. But God chose the foolish things of the world to shame the wise; God chose the weak things of the world to shame the strong. He chose the lowly things of this word and the despised things- and the things that are not- to nullify the things that are, so that no one may boast before him. It is because of him that you are in Christ Jesus, who has become for us wisdom from God- that is, our righteousness, holiness and redemption. Therefore, as it is written; "Let him who boasts boast in the Lord."- 1 Corinthians 1:26-31
 
I am reminded that I am nothing without Christ; I am so thankful that He has called me, and I am His.
 
ps- We had a rainy day earlier this week, and we had lots of fun inside together! We baked peanut butter cookies, built a fort, played games... it was a great day!
The bedroom fort.

The fort was an excellent spot for playing Candyland, eating freshly baked cookies, and using the flashlights!

Wubs stayed in the fort longer than her sister and brother... she LOVED it!

After baking cookies, JJ helped me wash the dishes.

I wanted JJ to look at the camera, so I said, "JJ! Smile for mommy!". JJ looked over and said, "SMIIIIILE!" He melts my heart.

"The name of the Lord is a strong tower; the righteous run to it and are safe."- Proverbs 18:10

No comments:

Post a Comment