Our Journey Home

Monday, March 11, 2013

hungry


Emma Grace took these pictures last week while we were playing Hungry Hippos.  I am so thankful that she recorded this little moment in time! We were all having a lot of fun together.

Yesterday at church, my tummy was grumbling... loud! (I was a little hungry hippo! wink.) I know that I shouldn't skip breakfast; it's a bad habit that I have on Sunday mornings!

Have you ever been hungry, but not inside your stomache? Have you ever been hungry deep down in your soul? 

 I know that God created me to worship, and yet, I can become distracted. I miss opportunities to look to Christ. I don't always fully seek Him. I fall short when I should give Him all the praise. Oh, I am so very thankful for God's grace!

But, you know what? I am praying that I'll stay hungry! I don't want to become spiritually satisfied, not on this side of heaven. I always want to desire more Jesus. I always want to crave the One who loves me more than I can even understand.

"Like newborn babies, crave spiritual milk, so that by it you may grow up in your salvation."- 1 Peter 2:2


No comments:

Post a Comment