Our Journey Home

Friday, April 12, 2013

Friday funny: monster

In the last two months, JJ's vocabulary has really expanded. It's exciting to have conversations with our little man! However, JJ's new passion for expressing himself can be a little embarassing, too. You see, JJ hasn't learned how to 'chose his words carefully'. Just yesterday, we were in Wal-Mart when...

JJ wanted out of the shopping cart. He didn't want me to hold him, either. He wanted to walk, like a big boy. I knew it would be a team effort with JJ out of the cart, so Wubs was put on JJ patrol, while Bella helped me select the items we needed. We made it safely to the U-Scan check out lane, and I have to admit, I was excited about our successful shopping trip. Pridefully, I gave myself a pretend little pat on the back, thinking "I have the sweetest children."

I loaded the cart with our bagged grocery items and Wubs, Bella, and JJ followed me as we weaved through the other U-Scan customers. It was about that time when JJ noticed an older gentleman, sitting on a bench by the restrooms. JJ locked eyes with the man, pointed at him, and said, "MONSTER!" My face got hot and I reached to scoop up our very verbal son. "Shhhh, baby- mommy hold you..." JJ was fighting to wiggle away from me, pointing and loudly insisting, "LOOK, MONSTER! MONSTER!"  Why??? I have no idea! wink! Wubs and Bella were no help at all, laughing hysterically at their brother's claims of a little old man monster. Wubs continued to do a play by play of the whole ordeal the entire car ride home, too! "Mommy, remember when JJ kept pointed at that man and saying, "Monster!"? I bet that man heard him! Don't you think that man heard him, mommy? JJ was saying it SO loud, wasn't he, mommy?" ha ha ha!

Happy Friday!
"Do not merely listen to the word, and so deceive yourselves. Do what it says."- James 1:22

No comments:

Post a Comment