Our Journey Home

Friday, August 30, 2013

one thousand gifts

I am currently reading one of my all time favorite books. I'm not quite done with it yet, but it's one of those books that I know I'll read over and over because it is so rich with truth and wisdom that I'm certain I'm missing it. wink. It is called One Thousand Gifts by Ann Voskamp. I have been encouraged and challenged. I have laughed and cried and been convicted, and I love it.

This book is all about giving thanks to the Lord, continually. It is about being aware of His goodness and having sincere gratitude. I cannot recommend this book enough. (Weezie, I cannot thank you enough for encouraging me to read this book, and Jamie, thank you with all my heart for giving me my own special copy!)

The author of this book was dared by a friend to make a list of 1,000 blessings. A few chapters into this book, I gave myself the same challenge. I have notebook, sitting on our kitchen counter. And, several times each day, I jot down a blessing, or two, or more. It has been amazing how the Lord has allowed me to see more of Him each day when I am looking, with thanksgiving, for His blessings.  I still have a long way to go on my list, but I don't know that I'll stop once I reach one thousand. It's way too fun!
 
"Mama, we playin' cars! vroooooom!"

Blessing #155. three precious children, enjoying one another's company

"You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart."- Jeremiah 29:13

1 comment:

  1. I've been wanting to read this book too! I think you've convinced me I must read it now!

    ReplyDelete