Our Journey Home

Friday, February 27, 2009

Eating Garbage





Our children enjoy special treats such as candies, soda, and chips. We know those foods are simply 'junk'. But today's blog is truly regarding garbage.

Yesterday, we had a little friend over to play.
When I made lunch, Wubs and Bella were eager to eat what I had prepared, but our friend wanted a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. When our girls don't finish their food, I cover it and save it for later. However, when our little friend
didn't finish her lunch, I tossed the rest of her sandwich into the trash can.

Several hours later, Bella came walking into the living room, chewing something mysterious. "Bella, what do you have?" She simply grinned and held out her closed little fist for me to inspect it. That's funny, Bella smells like peanut butter. Yes, our 16 month old princess reached deep into our garbage can for the half eaten sandwich so she could polish it off. wink.



"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord,
"plans to prosper you and not to harm you,
plans to give you hope and a future."- Jeremiah 29:11

2 comments:

  1. Bella is growing so big! It's good to know she's getting the garbage eating out of her system now and not when she's 16. heheheeeee!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my golly! we have a similar story like that! titus trash picked...but i can't remember what. I'll have to go look at my notes and see what that was all about. LOL!

    ReplyDelete