Our Journey Home

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Walking on water








Emma Grace is a very inquisitive little girl. "What are you doing?" "Why?" "Where are we going?" "Mommy, what did you say do Daddy?"...the questions are endless. wink. But her great quest for knowledge is heartwarming and she is always making us smile.
Yesterday morning, Emma Grace came into the kitchen as I was reading my 'Bible book', and she asked me what I was reading. "I'm reading my Bible book." This was not a satisfactory response. "But what does it say?" Ooooh- how I love a teachable moment! "Well, today my Bible book says that Jesus' friends, the disciples, were out on a lake in a boat. And guess what? Jesus walked on top of the water to go see them! But the friends were scared because they thought Jesus was ghost. Jesus told them not to be afraid. Then Peter, one of the disciples said, 'Jesus, if it's really you, let me walk on the water to you.' And so Peter walked on the water too! But then Peter got scared because it was very windy and he started to sink. Jesus reached out his hand and caught him." (The grown up version of this story is found in Matthew 14:22-34.) Emma Grace listened intently and then ran off to play with her Pet Shops. However, tonight during her bath, she stood on one leg and stepped several times with her little foot into the water. She said, "Look mommy! I'm walking on the water like Jesus!!!" Sweet baby girl. David and I still haven't figured out how we have gotten so lucky. wink.

'When words are many, sin is not
absent, but he who holds his tongue is
wise.'- Proverbs 10:19

1 comment:

  1. great story! (both of them, that is...)

    btw, i love that you're putting a verse at the end of the post. clever miss!

    ReplyDelete