Our Journey Home

Sunday, February 15, 2009

Valentine's Day Party









This year we decided to host our very first Valentine's Day party. (I think we may make it one of our traditions!)
Emma Grace and Bella invited a few friends over for snacks, a Valentine card exchange, and lots of fun play time!Emma Grace was awake bright and early Valentine's Day morning. At about 6:45am, she asked, "Is it time for our party momma?"
All our guests arrived at 10am, and it was wonderful to have our home filled with little girls. It was a beautiful day, so after dressing up as princesses and playing in Emma Grace's room, the girls enjoyed playing out on the swingset. In the evening, Daddy took all his 'dates' out to dinner at Chic-fil-A for nuggets and time in the playground area. (This is another Valentine's Day 'tradition'. ) When our little sweethearts went to bed, David and I watched one of the best movies we've seen in a very long time,
Fireproof. We could relate to the story in so many ways; God has transformed our marriage. It was such a special day!

'For out of the overflow of the heart the mouth speaks.' Matthew 12: 34b

7 comments:

  1. We saw that movie when it first came out. Looooved it!
    Our marriage too, has been transformed and continues to be in the process of sanctification and growth. Praise God!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a blog too!! You should be able to click on my name to see mine, I think. I loved your Valentine's party, your decorations and snacks are too cute, what a great idea! Can't wait to see you this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Miss Sarah! Love reading this, and keeping up with the girls! I miss them so much. Love love love ya'll :)

    -Aunt Paula

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all the pictures, it tells me the story of a family that share their love ,it's a wonderful life!and we are blessed to be called Nana & Papa.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dolly,
    I love knowing Wubs wants to come to see me! I can't wait to see her and Bella... they are so adorable!!! Hope they have a wonderful Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wubs you are so brave ,being close to crocodiles,wow!!! I would have a heart attack!!
    I love seeing Bella so cute with her leftover "cheetos"on her baby face!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the girls in their cute outfits!!!....pink is their color:))

    ReplyDelete