Our Journey Home

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Nana's Chair

Wubs says the cutest things, and I often jot them down to tell daddy when he gets home from work. (We have a 'tell daddy list' at our house, and each morning, I start a list of things I want to share with David when he gets home.) I also add Wubs' quotes to our blog from time to time. However, some of the things Wubs says are so funny that I need to explain the whole story to do the quote justice. wink. Here is the conversation I had with Wubs on our way to my children's ministry meeting this morning:
"Mommy, when I ride in Papa's car, Nana sits by me."
"
I saw Nana sitting by you! I know you had fun riding with Nana and Papa."
"But Nana doesn't have a chair."
(Wubs rides in a booster seat. I could see the wheels turning as she was trying to think of the most logical reason why Nana would not require a car seat. Just as I was about to explain to Wubs that 'Nanas' don't need to ride in car seats, Wubs had already come up with the answer.)
"Maybe Papa forgot to get her one."

Here are the girls playing in our sprinkler. Bella, being ever so cautious, refused to go near the tricky water spraying contraption.


"This is close enough for me, mommy."


"I shake my fist at you, you water spewing monster!"

Wet snugs. Precious.
"But when the kindness and love of God our Savior appeared, he saved us, not because of righteous things we had done, but because of his mercy. He saved us through the washing of rebirth and renewal by the Holy Spirit, who he poured out on us generously through Jesus Christ our Savior, so that, having been justified by his grace, we might become heirs having the hope of eternal life."- Titus 3:4-7

3 comments:

  1. i can 't ever find words to express how I feel just sitting by Wubs and talking with her about her little things...she is very smart and Bella just a little Dolly too!!!I'm the proudest Nana on the face of the earth!!!!:))

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll fight that water monster with you Bella...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Bella's fist at the sprinkler! How adorable! Oh, and the birthday cake was precious too! Good job!

    ReplyDelete