Our Journey Home

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

A lesson from our 3 week old son

If you are a parent, it's likely that someone has asked you (in regards to your children), "What age is your favorite?" I once heard a woman respond to this question with love by simply saying, "The age that they are at- that is always my favorite." I would have to agree! I love the sweet joys of parenting our five year old, the excitement of our three year old, and the treasures of our newborn! Every stage is an adventure and filled with blessings.


In the wee hours of the night, as I was feeding JJ, he taught me a lesson that I pray I won't soon forget. You see, I had almost forgotten how a newborn studies people. JJ stares at me with those beautiful blue eyes, as if he's memorizing every detail of his mommy's face. And it's not just my face that he is intent on learning... it's my voice, too. He knows the sound of my voice and he kicks his feet when I talk and sing to him! Oh, how that blesses my heart. Without a doubt, our baby knows his mommy. Of course, he still has lots to learn in this big world, but one thing is for sure- he knows I love him!

JJ reminded me that when I am not deeply intent on studying the Lord, I can't be certain of His voice in my life. If I'm not seeking an even more intimate personal relationship with Jesus, I might just miss it when He reveals Himself to me. God can use all things for His glory, even a late night feeding! Thank you, Lord, for using my children to continually remind me how much you love me!

ps- And because all blog posts are more fun with pictures, I've added some snapshots from this weekend. We took the girls to get their very first Blizzard treat!
Jesus said," Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these."- Matthew 19:14

2 comments:

  1. I would bet money that half the reason God allows us to have kids is because being a parent mimics our relationship with God in a way that nothing else can. I feel like a bad mom because Owen has already had lots of ice cream experiences - granted not a Blizzard but he's been to Baskin Robbins like 3 times. Sweets are a big staple in our house haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh that is a wonderful lesson:) Thank you for posting this. Love you Best Friend!

    ReplyDelete