Our Journey Home

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

One Year Ago

This week in June, one year ago, we lost our baby. I had been experiencing morning sickness, I had a little baby bump, and our family was so excited about the little life inside my womb. It wasn't until we went for our ultrasound that we found out that our baby hadn't been growing for a few weeks. David and I clung to the Lord and to one another as we healed from this loss. Today I looked back at the pages in our prayer journal from last year, and I read my prayer requests and my praises. Although I don't remember every detail from that painful trial, I do vividly remember how close I felt to God. He carried me through a time where even getting dressed in the morning was a challenge. I had to choose to serve my family. I had to choose to worship God in the midst of a storm I couldn't understand. I had to choose to trust the Lord's plan and His promises.

Today, I can look back and see how God used our miscarriage to bring Him glory. I'm not claiming to understand God's ways... but I can see how He used even the most painful times to teach us, bless us, grow us, and reveal Himself to our family. I am reminded today to praise God in all circumstances- for He alone is worthy.
"My purpose is that they may be encouraged in heart and united in love, so that they may have the full riches of complete understanding, in order that they may know the mystery of God, namely Christ, in whom are hidden all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge."- Colossians 2:2-3

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe it's been a year. Time has flown. My heart grieves... yet celebrates that in the midst of intense pain, God brings forth new life! Only He can do that!

    ReplyDelete