Our Journey Home

Monday, September 19, 2011

I don't want to forget

Sometimes, I am awfully forgetful. My forgetfulness has gotten worse over the years, especially after having children. wink. Sometimes I forget little things, like to pull the clothes out of the dryer before they get all wrinkly, and other times I forget bigger things- such as my debit card pin number. (Sidenote: It is the same pin number that I've had for eight years. Then, one day- poof- I totally forgot it! )
Today was a day that I don't want to forget. I don't want to forget that today, for the first time ever, Emma Grace prayed outloud with me. (She often times goes off by herself to pray, or she'll ask me to pray for us. But not today. Totally unprompted. She held my hand and prayed with me for our day.WOW!) It melted my heart to hear her precious conversation with the Lord. I gave her the biggest hug and I'm hopeful that tomorrow, she'll pray with me again. What a treat!
Here are a few pictures of our baking lesson! We made cookies- which isn't anything unusual- except for today, the girls measured out all the ingredients. We also took a little extra time so
I could explain what the recipe instructions really mean. (I taught the girls what to do when the recipe says "cream together the butter and sugar", "gradually add the flour mixture",etc.) After we made our cookies, we needed to clean up and wash our dishes. Wubs LOVED doing the dishes and begged me to let her wash dishes again! "I always thank my God as I remember you in my prayers,"- Philemon 1 :4

1 comment: