Our Journey Home

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

My itty bitty voice



I have a little voice (literally); that's just how God made me. wink. Even tonight, when I answered our phone, the caller asked to speak to my mother. I giggled, explained that I am the mother and politely excused myself from his sales pitch. *click* In the last four months since JJ has arrived, my voice has gotten even smaller (figuratively). I have plenty I need to be saying to train our children, but for some reason, I have neglected doing so. Slowly, my little voice has gotten quieter and quieter, and the boundaries we set for our children have gotten pusher farther and farther. Our middle child in particular has really been testing the limits.
The Holy Spirit convicted my heart. Training and disciplining our children only 'sometimes' just isn't good enough. Our children are our first ministry, and we need to be lovingly pouring Truth into them. And so, starting today, my itty bitty voice has been boldly sharing Truth with our children and training them in the ways they should go. Over and over again. It has been taking extra time, extra patience, and often times it has required the assistance of our Sad Spoon. wink. But it's worth it. It has eternal value. And tomorrow, I will repeat it all over again.

"He who spares the rod hates his son, but he who loves him is careful to discipline him."- Proverbs 13:24

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength. These commandments that I give you today are to be upon your hearts. Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up."- Deuteronomy 6:5-7

No comments:

Post a Comment