Our Journey Home

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Our 1st week of homeschool

Last week, we started our homeschool year!  Emma Grace started her new 2nd grade Sonlight curriculum, along with Saxon math and Apologia science.  I love our new lessons and I must say, the science has been fascinating so far! Wubs likes our schedule and she literally runs to the kitchen table when I say, "It's time for school, girls."
Bella is enjoying another year of preschool, but this year, I'm pushing beyond coloring, cutting, and crafts. We are learning how to write her letters, recognize numbers, and even memorize scripture! She loves all her work and she enjoys read aloud time best.
And speaking of read alouds, our new curriculum has an amazing reading list. Our first chapter book this year is Charlotte's Web. I had to stifle my laughter (and tears, wink) when Emma Grace saw our copy of Charlotte's Web and said, "Wow! They made a book about the movie Charlotte's Web!" *sigh* Note to self: Always read the book before allowing the children to see the movie. Ha ha!

ps... For some reason, I am having lots of trouble uploading photos to our blog! But once I get it figured out, I have lots of 1st week of homeschool pictures to share! For now, here is a picture of the girls picking out pizzas at Papa Murphy's. (The girls each got a 'mini-murph' which is a box with uncooked pizza dough and all the fixin's! Wubs and Bella got to make their very own pizza for lunch at our house!)  Bella had just finished her very first ballet lesson, and I surprised the girls with this 1st day of school treat!




"Blessed are the pure in heart, for they will see God."- Matthew 5:8

No comments:

Post a Comment