Our Journey Home

Monday, August 27, 2012

the wiping of my heart

                  Bella drew this picture of the two of us. It blessed my heart so much!

If I had to guess how often I sweep and wipe down our kitchen floor, I would say ten times every day. Sometimes the cleaning necessity varies, depending on what crumbly snacks and deliciously messy meals have been served. And, just when I think I've gotten our floor clean, I step on a mysteriously sticky spot! wink!
Our dirty kitchen floor reminds me of my own heart. Just when I think my heart is clean and all my intentions are pure... uh, oh! It is daily that I come to the Lord, asking forgiveness, asking Him to remove that yucky sin from within my heart, asking the Lord to help me as I struggle with my flesh yet again. And just like the kitchen floor, the need for my heart to be cleansed is directly related to what  has been served. Have I been serving my heart temptation, gossip, prideful thoughts, or jealousy? Have I been discontent, unkind, or judgemental?

I'm so thankful for our sticky floors... it gives me many opportunities throughout the day to spend time on my knees!
"May he strengthen your hearts so that you will be blameless and holy in the presence of our God and Father when our Lord Jesus comes with all his holy ones."- 1 Thessalonians 3:13

No comments:

Post a Comment