Our Journey Home

Thursday, February 21, 2013

a love of reading

 
When we started our homeschooling journey three years ago, I was so blessed by many wise friends who were experienced homeschool mothers. They were very encouraging and they offered so many helpful ideas and suggestions! One friend told me something that I've never forgotten. She said, "Teach your children to love to read. Teach them to love stories so much that they want to tell everyone about them. That's your goal." She was encouraging me to teach our children to love reading so that they would study and love God's Word; she was encouraging me to train our children in such a way that they would want to share the gospel, because it is the greatest story that ever was! I am so thankful for that advice, and it has been a joy to watch our little budding readers grow!
 
 

"Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the ages."- Matthew 28:19-20

No comments:

Post a Comment