Our Journey Home

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Lost Little Girl

Our family works in children's ministry. I started to write 'David and I work in children's ministry' but that didn't seem fair since our girls are BIG helpers. They help turn on lights, take out garbage, shop for the monthly supply of Goldfish, carry curriculum bins into the classrooms, etc. They never complain about our frequent trips to the church mid-week or the fact that we are always one of the first families to arrive and some of the last to leave. They love to serve and be with their sweet friends! So, as I was saying, our family works in children's ministry. And it is a blessing! Last night was a regular Wednesday night for us. We were all at church together and after discipleship wrapped up, we all started the 'closing down process' in Kidztown. However, we had a little problem. I thought Bella was being Daddy's helper, and David thought Bella was with me- but neither of us assumed correctly. wink. So as I was turning off lamps in the nursery hallway, and David was on the other side of Kidztown checking doors and turning off lights, I could hear a faint cry of a little child. And I froze because I knew that cry. Our amazing God has equipt mothers with this incredible gift of recognizing the sound of their own child's cry and I knew right away that cry belonged to our Bella. I also instantly realized what must of happened. If you have ever been to Faith, you know that we have a very large church. I can only imagine how big our church feels to a three year old! So, I called and called out Bella's name, reassuring her that mommy was coming. I found her sobbing in a corner by the maintenance room and as soon as she saw me, she ran to me with her arms out. I swooped her up and dried her little tears. I apologized and hugged her. David also realized what had happened and he came to love on her as well. (There goes our parents of the year award, wink.) Our little incident reminded me how scary it can be when you feel alone and you don't know which way to go! Before I accepted Christ, there were many, many times when I felt like I was in the dark and I didn't know which path to take. Praise the Lord for his love and mercy! He opened my eyes to His truth and He has shown me His ways! We are continuously praying for our children, that they will also come to know Jesus as their Lord and Savior! Here are some pictures from this morning. Wubs and Bella have a new favorite toy- Squinkies!

"The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit."- Psalm 34:18

No comments:

Post a Comment