Our Journey Home

Thursday, October 25, 2012

Canada, part 1

 
If I had to choose my favorite memory from our time in Quebec,  it would definately be the Sunday morning of our trip. We had the opportunity to attend Connexion church in Montreal. *sidenote: We were staying in the basement of the Connexion pastor's house while on our trip.* When we were singing songs of praise, all the songs were in French. Several of the songs were familiar by the tune (How Great is Our God, for example) so we did our best to sing along in English. However, whenever we would sing the name of "Jesus"... all the voices, whether singing in French or English, came together as one. It was b.e.a.u.t.i.f.u.l. And I cried happy tears at the sound of His name, overwhelmed with thankfulness that Jesus is my Savior and no matter the language, He reigns!
 
 Below are a few pictures from Canada! Here is Connexion church, located in Montreal:
This is my sweet new friend, Ariane. I was so encouraged by Ariane's heart to serve the Lord and her desire to minister to those who do not know Jesus.
A picture taken one night while we were out to dinner.  Let me just say- everything we ate on our trip was so unbelievably yummy!
Having coffee with another new friend, Javier.
Canada team picture... Beth, Jacob, David, me, Brad, Drew and Danielle.
 
More Canada stories to come! There is so much to share...

"The Lord gives strength to his people; the Lord blesses his people with peace."- Psalm 29:11

No comments:

Post a Comment