Our Journey Home

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Five reasons why I'd never be allowed...

 
As I was watching the presidential debate last night with David, I realized why I would never be allowed to facilitate a debate. While I do believe these debates can help us become well informed before voting for the leader of our country, I can't help it that I am a mommy and I am very distracted by the behavior during the debate! wink! (Oooh, did you see the vice presidential debate a few weeks ago? Whew! That debate got waaaay to sassy for me!) Here are a few reasons why I would not be allowed on that stage:
5. I would have to continually stop both men and remind them that we wait for our turn to speak. (Interrupting is not okay, you are gentlemen!) Then, I would have them apologize and ask each other for forgiveness.
4. I would need to periodically remind both candidates about their disrespectful body language and again, they would need to apologize and ask each other forgiveness.
3. I would have to pause the debate to teach both candidates about encouraging others instead of tearing each other down. I realize they are competing, but, there is no need to be ugly. And I'd make them apologize and ask each other for forgiveness.
2. Soon, I would need to give both the govenor and the president a time out. Clearly, they are choosing to disobey again. and again. and again. 
1. Ultimately, there would be no more debating because both men would be too busy writing sentences for me. "I will make wise choices when debating on national t.v.
I will make wise choices when debating on national t.v.
I will make wise choices when debating on national t.v...."
 

And I had to include this picture for Nana, who was sad that I didn't post anything on our blog yesterday. (I'm sorry Nana! ) JJ loves to sit on our laps and anytime he gets the opportunity to sit with his sisters, he climbs on!
"Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord."- Psalm 27:14

1 comment: