Our Journey Home

Thursday, October 18, 2012

No Parking

Earlier this week, I needed to take our children for a quick Wal-Mart trip. As we were walking through the parking lot, Emma Grace asked, "Mommy, can all grown ups read?"
"Well... yes, baby, most all grown ups can read."
Emma Grace pointed to a car only a few feet away from us,  parked just outside the front entrance of Wal-Mart. (And, for the record, a man was inside the car, with the windows rolled down. wink.)  "Well, then why did he park there? The sign says 'No Parking'!"
*gulp* I turned bright red and stared at the ground as we walked into the store. wink.
 
Although I was very embarrassed, (and I realized I needed to teach Wubs a lesson about asking questions more discretely) I got to thinking... that man probably knew he wasn't supposed to park there. He knew the rule- it was very clear on the sign- and yet, he broke the rule anyway.
 
But I can't judge him. I mean, how many times have I been aware of my sin, and yet, I've chosen to sin anyway? How many times have I felt the conviction of the Holy Spirit but I've continued to pursue my own agenda? Haven't I read my Bible, haven't I learned from God's Word? Oh, I am so thankful for my merciful,  loving, faithful Savior. I am so thankful that He continues to refine me, that He doesn't give up on me. It is daily that I stand in awe of the love of Christ.
 
ps- The girls enjoyed playing in the rain yesterday afternoon! And, as an extra special treat, God even put a rainbow in the sky! Can you see it?
 
 
5:
"But God demonstrated his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us."- Romans 5:8

1 comment: