Our Journey Home

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

my Monday mornings

On Monday mornings, I have the sweet privilege of attending a women's Bible study.My wonderful husband takes care of our children while I go to pray and study God's word with several of the other pastor wives of Faith. We are working through our second Bible study by Priscilla Shirer called Seeds. I love this study because not only do we dig into God's word and learn the scriptures, but we hold one another accountable for taking what we have learned and applying that Truth. When I learn God's word, I want to obey His commands, and sometimes, that can be hard to do. Because my flesh is weak, I often fail. But, I'm trying and God already knows I won't do it perfectly. wink. After reading the scriptures, I have been seeking ways I can apply God's word in my life and in our home. Sometimes, it is as easy as teaching our children what I have learned, and other times, the Holy Spirit has used what I've studied to help me take my own thoughts captive and keep them focused on Christ, or I've been given opportunities to encourage a friend with Truth. I have a lot to learn and I am so thankful for every little bit I grow closer to God!
(This weekend, the girls were sitting on the front steps, looking at magazines that came in the mail. I ran inside to grab the camera so I could savor this sweet little moment!)

ps- I did update the Sweets by Sarah Jane tab, if you'd like to peek at a few of  the latest treats from our kitchen.
"But the greatest among you shall be your servant. Whoever exalts himself shall be humbled; and whoever humbles himself shall be exalted."- Matthew 23:11-12
 

No comments:

Post a Comment