Our Journey Home

Monday, July 1, 2013

a birthday photojournal


 This year, Wubs asked for three things to celebrate her birthday:
1.She wanted to go to Build a Bear.
2. She wanted to invite her Sunday School teachers, Mr. Jerry and Ms. Vicky, to our house for dinner.
3. She wanted her mommy to make her a cookie cake. With a 'mermaid Hello Kitty' on it. wink. 

And that's exactly what we did to celebrate Emma Grace's 8th birthday! It was a very special day!

 I love this picture of Bella holding her gift for Wubs.  I had explained that our gift to Emma Grace would be our trip to Build a Bear,but Bella must have really wanted to give a present to her sister. All by herself, she picked out one of her own favorite stuffed animals and found a gift bag to wrap it up. When she showed me what she had down, my eyes filled with tears. We know that the Lord is at work in Bella's heart! I love that little girl so much!

I tried taking pictures while we were at Build a Bear, but they didn't turn out; all my pictures were really yellow and fuzzy. (The girls had so much fun, though! They each made a dog with a puppy.) After Build a Bear, we had Emma Grace's birthday lunch at Chic-fil-a. Wubs even got a free milkshake because it was her birthday!

mmmmm, cookies and cream!

Mr. Jerry and Ms. Vicky blessed our family by coming over for dinner!  It was such a treat to have them at our house for the evening!

Wub's cookie cake. I was nervous when I finished because I've never seen a 'mermaid Hello Kitty' but, Wubs was pleased. Whew!

Wubs blowing out her number 8 candle.


Mr. Jerry had all the children giggling and giggling! He is so much fun!

Birthday snuggles at the end of a wonderful day! We love you, Wubs! We hope you had a wonderful birthday!
"My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness."- 2 Corinthians 12:9

No comments:

Post a Comment