Our Journey Home

Tuesday, July 30, 2013

preparing for a new school year

It's that time of year again! It's time to start to preparing for our new school year. I am SO excited because both Wubs and Bella will be attending Academy of Grace! wink. (Academy of Grace is the official name of our homeschool. We had to decide on a name for our 'school' when we registered with the state of North Carolina.) I've been busy planning, preparing, ordering, and organizing! We are so thankful for God's provision for homeschool!

Bella will be starting in kindergarten and she can't wait to learn how to read. She has been peeking in our book baskets and asking me lots of questions about her new workbooks and math blocks. I am really looking forward to working with Bella and learning how she processes new information. While Bella is studying her letters and numbers, I will be studying Bella! wink.

Emma Grace will be in the 3rd grade this year. I can't believe it! When I was a public school teacher, I taught third grade, so I have a special place in my heart for this grade level. Using the results from our end of year testing, I am trying to prepare lessons to meet the specific needs of Emma Grace. (I learned a lot from those test results. It was helpful to see where Wubs struggles so I can provide extra instruction. And, it was also fun to see where Emma Grace needs to be challenged because she exceeds her grade level!)

I asked both girls the same question, "When you think about our new homeschool year, what do you think you'll enjoy the most?"
Wubs: "Let me think... snacktime! And, reading and learning cursive."
Bella: "Crafts! Crafts! And the calendar songs, too."

We are looking forward to beginning our new school year, the last week of August!
"I run in the path of your commands, for you have set my heart free."- Psalm 119:32




No comments:

Post a Comment