Our Journey Home

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

'without complaining or arguing'

I made Wubs write sentences for me as a punishment for whining. Emma Grace had to stay at the kitchen table and write ten sentences in her best handwriting, after she had finished all her other homeschool work. When she completed her assignment, she handed it to me, hugged me and said, "Whew! I hope I don't have to do that again!"
I looked over Wub's work and I got to thinking, what if I had to write sentences every time I whined? Or what if I had to write sentences every time I even had a pity party in my thoughts? (Because regardless of whether or not I voice my discontentment, the Lord knows my every thought.) Yikes.
I am praying that the Lord will continue to show me my own sin, and fill my heart with a joy that only comes from Him. I am praying that my own whining words would be few and my thoughts would be pleasing to God.
"Do everything without complaining or arguing,"-Phillipians 2:14

1 comment:

  1. Girl, I was just thinking about this this morning. I hate it when my kids whine and complain, but how often we do this before the Lord. Parenting is one of the areas of life that exposes your flaws more than anything else!

    ReplyDelete