Our Journey Home

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

do NOT drink the egg nog...

(Little man wearing his new cowboy boots and Santa diaper! I wish I had a better picture, but 0h-my-goodness, he was a cutie patootie!)



There are a few treats that I absolutely crave at Christmas time. Hot chocolate, those nifty tubs of popcorn with cheese, butter, and caramel flavors, and my all time favorite- egg nog! David and I usually only indulge and drink egg nog at my parent's house (thank you Papa for always stocking up for our Christmas visit)but this year we had our very own half gallon here at our house. Yummy! There was only one glassful left in the carton and my precious husband insisted that I could finish it off. I poured myself a glass but there was still a little bit in the carton. Hmmmm, don't want to waste a drop! I'll just take a big drink and then I can pour the remaining egg nog into this glass, I thought to myself. *GULP*
Wait a minute! YUCK! BLECH! Why did I just swallow little chunks?!? And what is that AWFUL taste?!
I ran to the kitchen sink and poured out the very spoiled egg nog! David was laughing but at the same time trying to be empathetic while the excitement was unfolding. Uh, oh. Gag reflex kicked in...
Friends, it was one of the grossest experiences to date! Lesson learned: do NOT drink the egg nog, without sniffing it first. Especially when it is only one day from the expiration date. wink!
"For God is not a God of disorder but a God of peace."-1 Corinthians 14:33

1 comment: