Our Journey Home

Friday, March 16, 2012

Friday funny: Broken?

It has been super duper beautiful outside this week! We have been blowing bubbles, coloring with chalk, riding bikes, walking with the stroller, you name it! The other day,Wubs was ready to go outside a few minutes before I had finished cleaning up from our snack and she asked to go on out ahead of me to start riding her bike. I told her that was fine but stay close to our driveway. I wiped the floor and went to change JJ's diaper when Emma Grace had already re-appeared inside the house. She looked discouraged. "Mommy, my bike is broken." *sigh* Now, I am no mechanic so I didn't even second guess her discovery. "Oh no, reeally? What do you think is wrong with it?" "Well, it won't even pedal and it made me mad." Hmmmm. At this point I'm thinking maybe the chain fell off of it and we'd need to ask Daddy for some help. I followed Wubs outside only to discover that her bike wasn't broken at all! She was trying to ride her bike in our sloped driveway and it was simply too hard for her to pedal uphill! ha ha ha! I guess we've always started her bike rides up in the flat cul-de-sac, rather than down at the base of our driveway and she was stumped! wink!
(This is a picture of Emma Grace and our neighbor Kyle. That chalk line on the ground was their 'race track'. Kyle offered to allow Emma Grace to double up and ride on his bike with him, and she politely answered, "No thank you. That would be dangerous... and crazy!" ha ha ha! )
"Look to the Lord and his strength; seek his face always."- Psalm 105:4

1 comment: